The ability of football to evoke huge amounts of passion from all generations and from all countries in the world probably makes it the biggest and most popular sport on the planet.
That passion swells up every four years for the most-watched sporting event going on right now:
the WORLD CUP.
Did you ever wonder why football is so popular?
Here are some good reasons!
* Anybody can play.
* Cheap considering other games. No much expensive gadgets are required to play the game.
The ball doesn't need to be expensive. Can be made of rounding up paper, clothes to play barefooted.
* Can be played by rich and poor, white and black, men and women, old and young.
* Action till last whistle and last minute. Goals can be born at any instant from anywhere.
* A way of mental relaxation. You can forget anything when you are on field or watch your favorites play.
* Independent of climate, the game always goes on: in the rain, in thefog, under snow fall, under hot sun.
* You can play it anywhere. You don't need a proper field to play.
* Football teaches passion , loyalty, love, emotions, celebrations and much more.
* Football can stop racism. We cheer for the one who scored despite of his color.
* Football unites every one under a single roof. It is the largest “religion” without a god, just emotions.
Although the FIFA – International Federation of Football Association - recognizes the birth of the modern game as 1863 in England, the deepest origins go back centuries. The Han Dynasty in the second century B.C. saw the emergence of a game similar to football called tsu' chu. Players could use any part of the body apart from hands and the intent was kicking a ball through an opening into a net.
Everybody is hoping on a possible victory in the World Cup for his favourite team.
Quarter final predictions provoke a huge excitement all over the planet.
I thought this was the perfect moment to publish this outstanding football shots by 1x members.
Let's go for the photographic goals and enjoy this selection in thez meanwhile of the final results ...
“The Winning Shot” by Dmitry Kiyatkin
Very timely and effective selection, Yvette! All best compliments everyone :-)
Many thanks for your fine reaction, dear Ustina! Cheers, Yvette
Carmine Chiriacò CREW
Excellent work Yvette!!! Congrats to all
Thank you, Carmine!
It is wonderful! Magnificent selection of photos. I loved football very much when I was a child, I played at the World Cup among artists, but I never looked at it through the camera lens to make art photos. Thanks you!
Thanks for your fine reaction, Siarhei ;-)
Vito Guarino PRO
Excellent work, Yvette. Compliments
;-) Thank you, dear Vito!
Fantastic selections! Congrats everyone..
Thanks for your appreciation, dear friend!
Thank you, Massimo!
Gilbert Claes PRO
Great idea and very nice images... Congratulations everybody... Best regards. Gil
Thanks Gil! Under the spell of the Red Devils... And Sweden (1x) is doing well too ;-) Cheers, Yvette
Marc Apers CREW
Nice article at a well chosen moment. Terrific photos too. Thanks Yvette !
It was fun to make this article ;-) Congrats on your terrific picture included in the gallery, Marc! And ... ***** for the Red Devils! Up to a victory against Japan!!!